Nominations now open in the 2017 Chesterfield Retail Awards
Shoppers are being called on to nominate their favourite shops and stores in Chesterfield’s popular annual Retail Awards.
Now in their fourth year, the prestigious Chesterfield Retail Awards awards are open to retailers and market stall holders in and around Chesterfield town centre, as well as those in Brampton and on Whittington Moor.
Chesterfield’s mix of independent and chain shops and stores as well as its historic market has been celebrated in the town’s popular retail awards since 2013.
The retail mix together with opportunities for developers led to Chesterfield being named ahead of major cities as one of the UK’s top retail hotspots in the top 100 retail locations in the UK, compiled by Property Week, a leading commercial and residential property market magazine.
The Hot 100 UK Retail Locations ranking was compiled by location experts CACI exclusively for the magazine and focused on areas that have the most potential for investors. Appearing at number 26 on the list, this is the first year that Chesterfield has featured.
CACI takes into account a combination of headroom for future investment, residential catchment size, population growth, competition and catchment of investment opportunities.
People can nominate across 15 categories in the awards, which are designed to recognise the very best independent and high street retailers in Chesterfield.
Nominations, which can be made online at www.chesterfield.co.uk/retailawards/nominate, are open until midnight on Sunday 5 March.
The 15 categories open for nominations in the 2017 Chesterfield Retail Awards include:
· Hair and Beauty Business of the Year – Sponsored by Chesterfield College
· Fashion and Footwear Retailer of the Year – sponsored by In the Works PR
· Jewellery and Accessories Retailer of the Year – Sponsored by the Pavements Shopping Centre
· Home and Gifts Retailer of the Year – Presented by Chesterfield Healthy High Streets
· Children's Clothes, Toys & Accessories Retailer of the Year – Sponsored by Progression Accountancy
· Food and Drink Retailer of the Year – Sponsored by Custom Solar
· Phones and Technology Retailer of the Year – Presented by Addooco
· Leisure Retailer of the Year (Sports, Hobbies, Crafts or Outdoor) – Sponsored by Peak FM
· Market Trader of the Year – Sponsored by Chesterfield Borough Council
· Independent Retailer of the Year – Sponsored by Jumble Design
· National/ Multiple Retailer of the Year – Sponsored by Vicar Lane Shopping Centre
· Excellence in Customer Service – Sponsored by Mitchells Chartered Accountants and Business Advisers
· Market Hall Business of the Year - Sponsored by Arvato
· Best New Store (Opened 2015/2016) - Sponsored by Banner Jones Solicitors
· Retailer of the year – Sponsored by East Midlands Chamber
The winners of the 2017 Chesterfield Retail Awards will be announced at a special awards ceremony at the Winding Wheel on Wednesday 24 May later this year.
A further two award winners will also be announced at the ceremony; winners of The Pavements Shopping Centre and Vicar Lane Shopping Centre Retailer of the Year Awards.
Chesterfield’s retail offering will be further enhanced following the completion of the first phase of Basin Square at Chesterfield Waterside. In addition to apartments, office space, and car parking, Basin Square offers space for operators of health clubs and both multiple and independent bars, restaurants, cafes and shops in a wide range of sizes, ranging from 1,400 m² (15,000 ft²) to 6,000 m² (64,000 ft²). The development, which is located outside the mainline railway station, will be a new destination for Chesterfield.
Learn more about the retail opportunities at Chesterfield Waterside here - http://www.chesterfieldwaterside.com/retail-and-leisure-at-waterside